During Controller installation, Embedded Metadata setup failed with below error: ERROR new encoding (UTF8) is incompatible with the encoding of the
Issue is related to encoding of server. If server is using “POSIX” as locale encoding, installer will create database template as SQL_ASCII.
- Make sure there no other Postgres session is running for controller user, if its running then kill it first.
- Ø Delete failed controller installation folder.
- Ø Export below variables :
- export LC_ALL=en_GB.UTF-8
- export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
- Ø Now try to execute installer. It will run properly.