RE: How to overcome dependent objects opened by another user error?
This error occurs in following case, there are two users (user1 and user2).
User1 has opened a dataflow in studio.
User2 has opened a datapoint related to above dataflow and is trying to edit details and save. In such case we get this error.
To overcome this error.
- Go to admin module. Please check user has admin access.
- Click onView option in the Object explorer in the left panel of the dashboard.
- ClickObject Locks in the list.
- It will show list of objects locked by users.
- Select object for which lock needs to be removed and click on Unlock. Before removing lock check with that user.
In this way user1 lock on dataflow can be removed.
And user2 can edit datapoint details and save it.